Christmas, Christmas, Christmas! It is almost here and I couldn’t be more excited! Pete and I are sharing our 3rd Christmas together and more importantly chopping down our 3rd tree together.
Our annual tree hunt usually goes as followed:
1. Get pumped up, make Irish coffees, head to the farm.
2. We go to a little tree farm in Shelton down the street from a very massive and expensive tree farm, who’s trees are usually all perfect. Our tree farm has not so prefect trees, but, well that is why it is a HUNT. ALL trees need love and a good home :)
3. We get to the farm and grab our saw and set out into the lots.
4. Almost always we pick out a perfect tree five minutes into the journey, but I obvisouly can’t let our annual tree hunt end in five minutes, so I persist on dragging Pete to each section of the lot to see if there are better trees.
5. We both realize that in fact there aren’t any trees better than that first one, so we head back up to the first tree we picked out and cut it down.
Keep growing strong little guy.
Twas’ a beautiful cloud free December day!
Hey dudes. Looking cute as always.
Hard workers need to take cat naps.
I grabbed a TON of vines, pine branches, dried up grass stalks and sticks off the ground and loaded up the trunk determined to make an awesome wreath this year.
Our biggest tree yet! Great Success.
My wreath! I only used a little wire and burlap ribbon to keep it together. It came out perfect!
Tree day is the best day.
I hope everyone has gotten their tree! Happy hunting if not!