After three days the rain has finally stopped and the temp is slowly getting warmer with time. It’s cold… but that calls for a new and (super) refreshing popsicle recipe!
Last week I bought an entire watermelon for myself because my boyfriend won’t go near one with a 10 foot pole, a pound of strawberries and fresh mint. Recently I have been brewing tea over ice and adding fruits to give it a little something extra. Since I have so many ingredients on hand why not play around and freeze them up!
- - 3 cups fresh watermelon, chopped
- - 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled & chopped
- - 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- - 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- - 1 tablespoon honey
- - 3/4 teaspoons of chia seeds
- In a food processor (I use my Nutribullet) puree all ingredients – EXCEPT chia seeds – until smooth.
- Add chia seeds to food processor and pulse for a few seconds just to combine them into mixture.
- If you are using plastic molds with bottoms, secure your pops. If using sticks, place a popsicle stick into each of your molds.
- Freeze for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Run mold under warm water, then gently remove.
- And enjoy!
- Kick back in that summer sun and enjoy :) These are 100% guilt free and 100% tasty good!
I highly suggest you give these a try. They are a frozen and guilt free treat.
Eat them for breakfast or eat them at midnight… why? BECAUSE its all good!
Frozen sweet treat beats,
– – Cat – –