PUMPPPPPKIN Train! Everyone hop on… oh wait that train has been chuggin’ for quite some time now.
So I grabbed my yoga pants and off I went to the store to buy a can of pumpkin and all the necessary spices and fixins’ to be able to join the fall pumpkin movement :p
I find myself trying to be #1 chef over here in my little Norwalk nook and I wanted to share an amazing recipe that is moderately healthy for baked bread and all sorts of delicious! AND none of these recipes use ANY oil or butter (following my substitutions)… sweet victory!
– PUMPKIN BREAD –
Use the original recipe here, BUT follow the substitutions below for my version of the bread.
- 2 cup sugar – [sub] 1 cup of brown sugar and 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup canola oil – [sub] 1 cup applesauce
- 3 cup flour – [sub] 1 1/2 cup regular flour & 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg – [sub] 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. allspice – [sub] 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Added a dash of vanilla extract to the wet ingredients
*Next time I am going to try raw sugar in place of white
*I made two medium loafs with this recipe. I made one without raisins and one with raisins. I have to say that I love the one with raisins much more. If you decide to use raisins – Take your raisins [I used organic store brand raisins] and soak them in hot tap water for 5-8 minutes to plump them up before adding to your batter. Shake and dry them off then toss and mix them into your batter. Delicious plump raisins add a little something extra special to this bread!
– PUMPKIN CINNAMON/BROWN SUGAR DIPPED DONUTS –
While I was at it, why not make some donuts!? Here is the recipe I followed to make these super delicious baked pumpkin donuts!
Yay! Try these awesome recipes out! They are really delicious and if you decide to make them let me know in the comments below how they came out!! Oh and that’s my little baker buddy. Always trying to sneak a peek!